Jira Agile - cannot rank issues even with Schedule Issue permission

Luke Thomas July 6, 2014

I want to allow members of a specific project role ("Product Owners") to re-order issues in the backlog in JIRA Agile.

I have added the "Schedule Issues" permission to the "Product Owners" role in my permission scheme. I've checked that the user I'm testing with does have the "Schedule Issues" permission on the projects associated with the board; however, when trying to re-order the backlog this user gets the message "You do not have permission to edit this issue."

My boards are all Scrum boards, and I am using JIRA 6.0.8 with JIRA Agile 6.3.13.1.

According to the following document https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/What+are+the+permissions+used+in+Agile+Boardsthe user should just have the 'schedule permission', I can resolve it by giving them the edit permission as well but then this allows them to add issues to sprints - which is less than ideal.

I've missed something with the configuration of the board or permissions perhaps - any help appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Well, if you can't edit the issue, you can't change the Rank value of the issue. So, I think you're are going to have to give the edit permission on the issue.

0 votes
Jan Anderson October 5, 2016

I have the same issue but I am able to edit the issue. I am also the Assignee and Reporter on the issue. My permissions are part of every project role allowed to Schedule issue. I don't know what the issue is.Schedule error.JPG

0 votes
Luke Thomas July 6, 2014

Fair enough, I thought it was the case but no harm is asking ... the doco didn't really seem to clear it up for me.

Those that rank should not by default also be those that add/remove from a sprint - can cause no end of pain and general havoc. Ideally there should be a separate permission (rank) but as that is core I doubt it will change.

Off to find a tool that works for me.

Thanks for helping me out Timothy.

Suggest an answer