Jira Agile available in standalone Jira Software

Terry King October 23, 2015

Does this mean JIRA Agile is free now?  We are on 6.3.9. standalone.  I imported the version of the JIRA Agile add-on compatible with 6.3.9. and updated the JIRA Agile key with our JIRA license key because that's how I interpreted the steps from the documentation.  However it's not working.  It still shows our trial has expired and that we need to purchase a license for JIRA Agile.  I keep getting "Your add-on license is not valid for use with JIRA Agile".

4 answers

1 vote
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

The short answer is that no, JIRA Agile is not free. JIRA after version 7.0.0 is available in 3 formats. JIRA Core, JIRA Software, and JIRA Service Desk. You license seats for your users per application individually. If your goal was for 100% of your users to have access to Software features, then you would need to buy a JIRA Software license. Otherwise, you would buy only enough seats for Software users and Core users separately.Take a look at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

No worries, good luck. You just need answers and all I'd be able to do is troubleshoot. I'm sure it's something simple. :)

0 votes
Terry King October 23, 2015

Thanks Steven. I have contacted support.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2015

It would be best to contact support for this issue. I am not sure anyone here can resolve your issue. https://support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer