Jira Administration levels

Paweł July 14, 2021

Hi,

Hope you will be able to advise me.

I would need to setup an jira adminstration role (group?) with global permissions (i.e create workflow/statuses/custom fields) that is limited to a single project.

long story short: jira global admin but for specific project(s).

Does the permission Scheme allow that?

What would be possible workaround?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

>jira global admin but for specific project(s).

Cannot be done. 

Most of us "work around" it with apps that enable something like it, or more often, automations that allow project lead type people to request new projects as a support call (I did it with Jira issues, handy as you got an automatic project register fall out, currently working with people who raise a Service Now request), and the computers go off and do all the work for them.

0 votes
Alex Fox July 15, 2021

Extended Project Administration will help in some regards, but it will not allow the creation of statuses that do not already exist in Jira, and it will not allow any manipulation of custom fields. Jira Cloud offers team-managed/next-gen projects that give a greater level of control, but I see you've asked this under server so it likely doesn't apply here.

Suggest an answer