Jira Admin link missing

Prateek Kumar April 23, 2013

I used to be able to click on the gear icon on top right and select JIRA ADMIN but its no longer available. I need to access custom fields.

3 answers

0 votes
Prateek Kumar April 24, 2013

Nevermind - I figured out how to get to the screen by clicking on Issues in the cog menu on top right. Now I see the top level jira-wide options on the left column (screens, custom fields etc.)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2013

Um, project administration is one thing, system admin is another. Which are you talking about? And could OnDemand have been upgraded and moved/removed it?

Prateek Kumar April 24, 2013

I was talking about system administration- maybe ondemand upgrade has something to do with it. instead of "Jira Admin" link in the cog, now Issues takes me to this screen.

SSUE TYPES
WORKFLOWS
SCREENS
FIELDS
ISSUE ATTRIBUTES
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2013

Hmm, that does sound like an upgrade, I think I saw a comment or issue along the lines of "make admin links more direct" and this would be the sort of change I'd expect for it. At least you've found it!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2013

You've had your access rights changed. You need to talk to your other Jira admins and get them to give you your access back!

Prateek Kumar April 23, 2013

I still have the admin rights. I can do project administration. But something changed on the interface - the cog icon that had jira admin link doesn't have it anymore.

Suggest an answer