Jira Activity Stream displays unusual time format (kk:45:13 z) [Jira 5.1.2]

Joe F. Lee November 6, 2012

Hi,

we upgraded our Jira to version 5.1.2. Since then the Activity Stream shows an unusual time format on all entries not made on the same day. Todays times are displayed normal but as soon as the entry is from yesterday or any other date in the past the time format looks like this:

Date at kk:mm:ss z (kk being the hour but no digits being displayed - see screenshot below).

Any idea as to what is causing this issue? How can we fix this?

10 answers

0 votes
Matthias Achtelik July 21, 2013

I replaced the at the look & feel administration the "kk" with "HH".

Difference between "hh" and "HH":

• "hh" shows only 12 hours.
  • "HH" shows 24 hours.
Joe F. Lee July 21, 2013

I have made the same change (HH instead of kk) some days ago but we are still seeing the z instead of the time zone code (i.e. CEST). The hours seem to work now.

0 votes
Joe F. Lee June 18, 2013

@Mizan

We still experience this issue on a sporadic occasion and apparently only if the entry was done the day before (looks like between 24 & 25 hrs prior). I have not been able to nail it down yet. Using h instead of kk did not have any affect on the behavior.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

@Joe F do you still face this issue ? were you able to find a solution to this . I am facing same issue . Thanks

0 votes
Wilfried Bastiaansen June 5, 2013

Use h instead of kk

Joe F. Lee June 18, 2013

Hi Theo,

We still experience this issue on a sporadic occasion and apparently only if the entry was done the day before (looks like between 24 & 25 hrs prior). I have not been able to nail it down yet. Using h instead of kk did not have any affect on the behavior.

0 votes
Russell H January 22, 2013

I'm also having this issue having upgraded to 5.1.8 from 4.4.4.

0 votes
Joe F. Lee December 2, 2012

So far there seems to be no resolution available to this issue... any ideas?

0 votes

We are using currently java.runtime.version 1.6.0_26-b03

It all worked fine before the upgrade to Jira 5.1.2 (we used 4.4.3 before)

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

The kk and z are time formatting codes which are not being interpreted. Is there any reason believe you are running with a different version of jre?

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2012

Hi,

May I know if there have been any changes done to the Time Format in the Look and Feel section? Please check in your JIRA Administration > System > User Interface > Look and Feel page.

For further details, please check here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+the+Look+and+Feel#CustomisingtheLookandFeel-Date/TimeFormats

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2012

Supposily the activity stream gadget ignores Jira's configured date formats.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-19329

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/STRM-167

The Time Format in the Look & Feel section has not been altered:

<th width="30%"> </th><th width="30%">Format</th><th width="40%">Example</th>
Time Format kk:mm:ss z 17:36:32 CET
Day Format EEEE kk:mm:ss z Wednesday 17:36:32 CET
Complete Date/Time Format EEEE, dd MMM yyyy kk:mm:ss z Wednesday, 07 Nov 2012 17:36:32 CET
Day/Month/Year Format d/MMM/yy 7/Nov/12
Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker OFF
0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2012

Are there any messages in your Jira logs?

Suggest an answer