Jira Activity Stream displays unusual time format (kk:45:13 z) [Jira 5.1.2]

Hi,

we upgraded our Jira to version 5.1.2. Since then the Activity Stream shows an unusual time format on all entries not made on the same day. Todays times are displayed normal but as soon as the entry is from yesterday or any other date in the past the time format looks like this:

Date at kk:mm:ss z (kk being the hour but no digits being displayed - see screenshot below).

Any idea as to what is causing this issue? How can we fix this?

10 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Are there any messages in your Jira logs?

Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Nov 06, 2012

Hi,

May I know if there have been any changes done to the Time Format in the Look and Feel section? Please check in your JIRA Administration > System > User Interface > Look and Feel page.

For further details, please check here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+the+Look+and+Feel#CustomisingtheLookandFeel-Date/TimeFormats

The Time Format in the Look & Feel section has not been altered:

<th width="30%"> </th><th width="30%">Format</th><th width="40%">Example</th>
Time Format kk:mm:ss z 17:36:32 CET
Day Format EEEE kk:mm:ss z Wednesday 17:36:32 CET
Complete Date/Time Format EEEE, dd MMM yyyy kk:mm:ss z Wednesday, 07 Nov 2012 17:36:32 CET
Day/Month/Year Format d/MMM/yy 7/Nov/12
Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker OFF

The kk and z are time formatting codes which are not being interpreted. Is there any reason believe you are running with a different version of jre?

We are using currently java.runtime.version 1.6.0_26-b03

It all worked fine before the upgrade to Jira 5.1.2 (we used 4.4.3 before)

So far there seems to be no resolution available to this issue... any ideas?

I'm also having this issue having upgraded to 5.1.8 from 4.4.4.

Use h instead of kk

Hi Theo,

We still experience this issue on a sporadic occasion and apparently only if the entry was done the day before (looks like between 24 & 25 hrs prior). I have not been able to nail it down yet. Using h instead of kk did not have any affect on the behavior.

Mizan Community Champion Jun 18, 2013

@Joe F do you still face this issue ? were you able to find a solution to this . I am facing same issue . Thanks

@Mizan

We still experience this issue on a sporadic occasion and apparently only if the entry was done the day before (looks like between 24 & 25 hrs prior). I have not been able to nail it down yet. Using h instead of kk did not have any affect on the behavior.

I replaced the at the look & feel administration the "kk" with "HH".

Difference between "hh" and "HH":

• "hh" shows only 12 hours.
  • "HH" shows 24 hours.

I have made the same change (HH instead of kk) some days ago but we are still seeing the z instead of the time zone code (i.e. CEST). The hours seem to work now.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

83 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you