Jira AND Confluence with IIS 7.5 and ARR

MP ADMIN March 14, 2014

Hello,

I just installed JIRA and Confluence on the same server. Both Installations are connected to SQL 2012 and running fine.

I installed ARR and configured everything in the way described here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Integrating+JIRA+with+IIS+using+ARR).

JIRA is running as expected.

The Problem is I am not able to configure the URL Rewriter to forward jira and confluence headers.

I tried to use another pattern in the URL Rewriter rule. (jira.mydomain.com) and another one for (confluence.mydomain.com).

Patterns i tried.

^jira(.*), jira.mydomain.com,jira*,...

After inserting those rules I only got redirected to my Default Website.

Has anyone tried this before for both installations on the same server? Is this possible without creating a server farm?

greeting

2 answers

1 vote
MP ADMIN April 17, 2014

Hi! Same thing here. The only thing which worked for me was building Server Farms. Any better suggestion.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

Hi Michael, you basically just need to create different sites named according to your subdomains (i.e. subdomain.example.com) as suggested in this article. I've also updated this KB to include these steps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer