Jira AD directory syn problemem

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Hi,

I am facing the problem to Full syn AD directory in Jira. The error in logs says "

Caused by: javax.naming.InvalidNameException: cn=offer remote assistance helpers

cnf:a3ea1c7c-0db4-49e4-905f-10ffab239b52,cn=users,dc=<name>,dc=<name>,dc=<name>,dc=<name>: [LDAP: error code 34 - 0000208F: NameErr: DSID-03100225, problem 2006 (BAD_NAME), data 8349, best match of:

'cn=offer remote assistance helpers

I have removed the DC values from the logs here. I am not disclosing that information here.

I have seen others also faced the same problem but the NameErr is different in their error message.

Any help much appreciate.

1 answer

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Hi,

The error you're getting seems to match the one described at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/Syncing+with+LDAP+Directories+Containing+CNF+Attributes+Produces+Error+Code+34+BAD_NAME.

According to the document above, this could be caused due to a invalid name related to your CNF attribute. Please give a try to the resolution suggested in the document above in order to try to fix this.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer