It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira 8.4.1 and 8.4.2 fail to install

Trying to start JIRA 8.4.1 and 8.4.2 from scratch on windows 2016 with SQL 2017.

I created the empty database following https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2017-970613480.html

Then I start the installer as Administrator, I started the service and open the web page.

I follow the wizard for production environment and I choose My own database, selecting SQL 2017, I typed the hostname, DBname, user and password, test connection successfully.

After I click Next, I got Error 500

Technical detailsLog's referral number: 6b5ef091-1c2b-41c8-aa20-bd257d72840e

Cause

Referer URL: http://localhost:8080/secure/SetupDatabase!default.jspa
com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:OSPropertyEntry][propertyKey,jira.i18n.language.index]
[entityName,jira.properties][entityId,1][id,null][type,5] (SQL Exception while executing the following:
INSERT INTO dbo.propertyentry (ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ID', table 'JiraDB.dbo.propertyentry'; column does not allow nulls.
INSERT fails.))

com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:OSPropertyEntry][propertyKey,jira.i18n.language.index]
[entityName,jira.properties][entityId,1][id,null][type,5] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO dbo.propertyentry (ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
 (Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ID', table 'JiraDB.dbo.propertyentry'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.))

at com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.ofbiz.OFBizPropertySet.setImpl(OFBizPropertySet.java:260) [propertyset-1.5.jar:?]
 at com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.AbstractPropertySet.set(AbstractPropertySet.java:502) [propertyset-1.5.jar:?]
 at com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.AbstractPropertySet.setString(AbstractPropertySet.java:300) [propertyset-1.5.jar:?]
 at com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.JiraCachingPropertySet$9.run(JiraCachingPropertySet.java:421) [classes/:?]
 at com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.JiraCachingPropertySet.doLocked(JiraCachingPropertySet.java:646) [classes/:?]

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

That did the trick.... 

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

365 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you