Jira 8.13 causes GUI issues with dropdown menus in Customer Portals

Mark Milford October 30, 2020

Jira 8.13 causes GUI issues with dropdown menus in Customer Portals. With all browsers, the dropdowns don't appear / appear incorrectly. Is this a known issue? We have yet to try  SAFE MODE to iron out possible plugin issues.

We also updated Jira Service Desk from 4.0.2 to 4.13.0

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Milford November 5, 2020

For those who stumble upon this, it's being corrected by the vendor here :

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-4829

Related to Scriptrunner plugin

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Mark Milford ,

Do you use any specific add-ons to fill these dropdown or perhaps behaviours?

if they don't load correctly you can always open a developer console on your browser (e.g. F12 on Chrome) and see if they throw any errors.

A screenshot is also helpfull so we can better analyze the problem!

HI @Dirk Ronsmans 

No, nothing crazy there. We are only running a 6 or so plugins in Jira (Scriptrunner, Automation, etc) but do nothing of the sort with the customer portal. We opened a ticket with Atlassian and included screenshots.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Well i've had a similar issue with Scriptrunner on that version. I suggest disabling that for a moment and seeting if it helps.

Even on projects where there were no behaviours defined the check broke the loading of the screens.

Like Mark Milford likes this

Interesting! Were you able to isolate to scriptrunner via disabling it / running in safe mode?

Dirk - you were correct! Disabled Scriptrunner, and the drop down works again! Shoot, we are running the latest version (6.12.0). Investigating now....

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2020

remember you cannot downgrade below 6.0.0 as it has breaking changes below that version.

I suggest the developer console and opening a ticket with them.. for me it showed something like:

Unhandled promise rejection TypeError object doesn't support property or method 'finally'
Like Mark Milford likes this
0 votes
Stephen Garber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

I don't see this as a reported issue on jira.atlassian.com.

Have you updated service desk after you moved to 8.13?

Are there any issues appearing in the application logs?

Thanks for the reply!

We updated Jira Service desk from 4.0.2 to 4.13.0 at the same time.

Stephen Garber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

This is definitely abnormal behaviour. Review the logs for any hints about what could be happening and engage atlassian's support team to see if they can help provide a resolution. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Thanks Stephen - we opened a ticket and threw in some screenshots.

Suggest an answer