Jira 7 workflow transition view defaults to Triggers tab

Sandra Enriquez March 23, 2016

Recently updated to JIRA 7 from 6.3, when working on workflow transitions any time I'm in the Post Functions tab and make a post function change it defaults back to Triggers tab. How can I make this stop?

Sometimes I have multiple changes to do in the Post Functions tab and its really annoying that after each change it defaults back to Triggers tab.

One example, I am just rearranging the post functions and I hit the arrow down to move a function once it moves my view changes to the Trigger tab. I then have to go back to Post Functions (which I was already on) to move it one more space down. So time consuming. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

2 answers

0 votes
Sandra Enriquez March 28, 2016

Found a ticket opened with Atlassian about this issue:

JRA-47700 : Tabs No Longer Remembered When Editing Transitions on a Workflow

Below is their response to my inquiry:

Kevin Liou [Atlassian]

24/Mar/16 7:27 PM

Hey Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear you've run into this behavior. I gave it a try on my 7.1 test instance, and was able to reproduce. That is indeed very inconvenient.

I looked through some of our open suggestions and bugs, and I believe I found a recent bug opened describing this exact behavior: JRA-47700 : Tabs No Longer Remembered When Editing Transitions on a Workflow.

It looks like this is fairly recent behavior, from the age of the ticket and the version it is known to affect. At this time, there is no known workaround except to do as you were; to manually navigate after each change you do. I would highly recommend voting and watching JRA-47700 so that you can be notified as updates come, and so that our developers have higher visibility on this issue.

I know this isn't necessarily the answer you were looking for; I hope this information still helps though! Please let me know if you might have any questions or concerns I can still help address.

Cheers,
Kevin

0 votes
Jason Huntowski March 28, 2016

Sandra,

I am having the same exact issue and am equally annoyed! We upgraded our test instance to 7.0.x and it does not have this issue, so I am hoping this is an issue with 7.1. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer