Jira 7 Login Time

invinci May 18, 2017

HI,

I am trying out JIRA 7.0 to see what has changed in this major update. I did notice a lot of UI changes with respect to end user and administrator, but what I think the user login page takes a lot of time to authenticate as compared to Jira 6. 

I want to know the ways to diagnose this issue or any other performance tuning of JIRA. 

Thank You!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Invinci,

Hopefully you're no longer running into this issue and have been able to determine the issue on that end.  I have not run into that on a widespread basis but there are some things you can check in terms of performance.  The best source of information is going to be Troubleshooting Performance Problems.  Recently I had a case where the AntiVirus software was causing very slow indexing so you'll also want to disable any AV if you have it to see if that helps.  If so you may need to remove the AV or have it skip the JIRA home folder.

You may also want to take a look at the JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out for the time you attempt to get to the login page to see what errors, if any, are being thrown and work from there.  In addition you can also try bypassing your Proxy and SSL to test network connectivity.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer