Jira 7 - How to Remove Service Desk?

Seb Kouba October 7, 2015

I just upgraded a test system to JIRA 7. There was a deactivated Service Desk installation on the system. Now I don't seem to be able to remove Service Desk from the installation. I removed it under addons but that doesn't seem to have actually removed SD. I guess I want to convert my JIRA Service Desk + Software installation to just "JIRA Software".

Is there a way to do this?

3 answers

1 vote
Marcio Ghiraldelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

JIRA 7 created the new concept of Application that, technically, comprises 1 or more plugins, and has an specific license. Atlassian launched JIRA Core as the basic JIRA System, and Software and ServiceDesk as applications. The new UI to admin those applications and licenses are under System/Applications. 

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hello Seb,

You can install/uninstall JIRA Service Desk and/or JIRA Software in the following path: JIRA Administration > Applications. 

From your description, it seems that you have some projects associated with the Service Desk, so you can change the project type to Business or Software (Assuming that you have JIRA software installed).

0 votes
Seb Kouba October 7, 2015

I removed the individual Plugin entries that were left and then removed the license. That seems to have worked...

Suggest an answer