Jira 7.9 shared project sharing board configuration

James Roxburgh June 13, 2018

Hi. I've created a Scrum project that had a couple of boards in it. I then created multiple projects using Shared Configuration from the first project. As expected, no boards were created with the subsequent projects, however when I create a board, it seems to pick up the settings from the first project and if I then change the filter or any of the column configuration it sets this across all other projects that were created with the shared configuration. What I can't understand is how the board configuration is being shared as I can't see a scheme that I should change to prevent this from happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated as now every project has a board with a unique name, but the exact same settings as the first and all other projects. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Roxburgh June 14, 2018

Think I just answered this myself. I hadn't seen the "Shared Filters" and "Shared Boards" section in System menu option for Admins. It was when I saw this I realised how the sharing of boards was happening. It was the permissions on the filters that was allowing the boards to be shared either by user type or by project. I was using a filter that I had allowed to be shared with multiple projects without realising it. A simple mistake that I just hadn't spotted. 

Hope this perhaps helps someone else that falls into the same trap! All because I was trying to create multiple projects with a high level board and was using the same filter on each project as well at the top level board.

Phew! :) 

Suggest an answer