Jira 7.7 Error

atsflex January 25, 2018

Jira won't start and I am getting the following error.  Has anyone seen this error before? 

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.destroyInternal(StandardServer.java:881)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.destroy(LifecycleBase.java:297)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:659)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:355)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:495)

1 answer

1 vote
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

There's got to be more to that error. Can you find the line with the date at the top of all that stacktrace and post it?

Some of the usual culprits for a failed start:

• make sure that you don't have any permissions issues from your jira install directory versus the account you're running Jira as.
  • If you just upgraded, you shouldn't copy over the new server.xml that got installed. Remake your connector changes in the new file.
  • database connectivity issues
  • plugins
atsflex January 26, 2018

Thanks for responding to this thread. I figured the issue, and reason for the error.  The jira home was not set in my environment settings which caused the issue.  I set the JIRA HOME which resolve this issue and I was able to move forward. 

Suggest an answer