Jira 7.1.0 plugin incompatablity problem

mbowenitj March 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: BundleException with no bundle constraint specified

Hi everyone,

I have want to upgrade plugin from JIRA 6.4.5 to JIRA 7.1.0. When I upload the plugin i'm getting the following error:

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. I have tried most solutions online to no vail.

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve bundle revision za.co.infowarestudios.jiraplugins.infoware-quote-plugin [185.0] because it is exposed to package 'org.apache.velocity.context' from bundle revisions org.apache.felix.framework [0] and org.apache.servicemix.bundles.velocity [15.0] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:

za.co.infowarestudios.jiraplugins.infoware-quote-plugin [185.0]

import: (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.velocity.context)(version>=1.6.4.atlassian_7)(version<=1.6.4.atlassian_7))

|

org.apache.felix.framework [0]

Chain 2:

za.co.infowarestudios.jiraplugins.infoware-quote-plugin [185.0]

import: (osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.web.servlet.config.annotation)

|

export: osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.web.servlet.config.annotation; uses:=org.apache.velocity.app

org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-webmvc [14.0]

import: (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.velocity.app)(version>=1.7.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))

|

export: osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.velocity.app; uses:=org.apache.velocity.context

export: osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.velocity.context

org.apache.servicemix.bundles.velocity [15.0]

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3980)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2037)

at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:955)

at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:942)

at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:400)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

You'll need to contact the vendors of the add-on.  It's not compatible with JIRA 7 and needs updating and recompiling.

I'd go to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/za.co.infowarestudios.jiraplugins.infoware-quote-plugin/server/support and try the linked issue tracker to see if you can raise it there.

mbowenitj March 8, 2016

Hi Nick,

I'm the one developing the plugin, sorry didn't mention it. I have checked my pom file but don't know what i'm missing

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

Ok, I'm not sure how to fix it either.  I've run into something similar in my add-ons a couple of times, and fixed it mostly by trial and error - removing imports that it refers to so that it's only trying to us a single library, but I don't think that's a "good" approach (it shouldn't be!)

Suggest an answer