Jira: 6.4.3: required fields do not have asterisk beside them

clem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

When creating a bug the required fields do not have an asterisk beside them in a specific case.

It is when the bug is created in the pop-up screen and bug is the default type of issue.  If the window opens up with the story issue type pre-selected and we change it to bug the asterisks are beside the required fields.

Anybody else have this issue as well?  Any ideas why this is happening?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
clem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

It was because I had to make them mandatory in the behaviors plugin because I had a check on their value through behaviors.

They were already mandatory in the schema but apparently the behaviors plugin some how over rides the star.

0 votes
codecentric AG June 15, 2016

I would recommend to use the Mandatory Field Validator of Add-On "Workflow Essentials for JIRA". See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.codecentric.jira.wes/server/overview

This plugin not only shows a customized error message but also displays the asterisk next to the mandatory field.

Best regards,

Joerg

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

One question, are the fields mandatory by design (field configuration) or do you use the JIRA misc workflow extension or the behaviors add-on to make the filed required?

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

Have you tried different browsers?

Suggest an answer