Jira 6.2.3 - Show Transition when viewing Workflow

Hello,

it is possible that the transition is always displayed and not only when the mouse moves over the status?

------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards

Toni

2 answers

1 accepted

There is some misunderstanding here I think. What you've highlightted is the current issue status which sorrespod to a workflow step. A transition is a "path" between steps and there can be more than one transition available when an issues is in a certain status.

So what do you want displayed actually ? The workflow step name probably ?

Hello Boris,

thank you for explaining but i think you do not understand what i mean or my english is not so good.

:->

Look here in jira 5 the transition between the status will always be show:

but in the new version of jira i have to mouse over a status to see the transition that are possible to execute.

Best regards

Toni

Sorry, I misunderstood you. You can't configure what you want. The only way is to modify the workflow plugin directly (CanvasModel.js) and upload a custom version which has the showTransitionLabels=true by default

Hello Boris,

thank you for reply. Where can i find the file?

Best regards

Toni

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,802 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot