Jira 6.1 : the issue keys have disappeared in the database

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Hi, I have just upgraded Jira from 4.4.5 to 6.1, and I noticed that the column "PKEY" in the table "JIRAISSUE" is empty. I use Oracle 11g.

Could you tell me where are the issue keys in Jira 6.1's database?

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

Hey there, surprise to see you here as well :)

Jobin is correct about the project key changes on the version 6.1 and above, the error from integrity checker is tracked on the following bug ticket.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35800

pkey is no longer in use and has been replaced by issuenum and project to retrieve the project key instead.

Please also accept the answer so the community benefits from it :)

3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013
Sune Mølgaard October 20, 2013

I see the "/secure/admin/IntegrityChecker.jspa [atlassian.jira.ofbiz.IssueGenericValue] Issue (id=null) has empty field 'num'. Returning null for 'key'" warning as well (specifically while running the integrity checker).

Does your answer mean that this is expected behaviour and should be ignored, until the integrity checker is updated to know about it?

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2013

Hi Pierre,

What steps did you take to perform your upgrade?

If your entire data for pkey is missing from the database, you may have to raise a support ticket on https://support.atlassian.com, attaching your complete logs, so that this can be looked at properly.

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013

Thanks for your answer. I have upgraded Jira by pointing the new jira installation (6.1) to my old database (used in 4.4.5).

The column PKEY still exists in the database, but it is completely empty. Even when I create a new issue, the column PKEY has no value for that issue. Is it because of the database changes (new column ISSUENUM in table JIRAISSUE)?

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013

Hey Pierre,

That's odd. I have tested on my side using a JIRA 6.1 and the pkey is visible on my side in the jiraissue table. How about when you startup your JIRA instance? Does everything work as expected?

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013

I have just checked the log, and that line appears 70277 times (similar to the number of issue I have):

2013-10-14 09:58:11,569 http-bio-8080-exec-23 WARN pcaadmin 595x187x1 pgk0ja 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/IntegrityChecker.jspa [atlassian.jira.ofbiz.IssueGenericValue] Issue (id=null) has empty field 'num'. Returning null for 'key'.

Suggest an answer