Jira 6.0.2 Application Navigator is missing the linked applications

Patrick Coleman June 22, 2013

From the Admin Application Navitator Page: "Linked applications are automatically configured in the application navigator for you, and you can't delete them."

However, I have Confluence and Fisheye configured as linked applications but they don't show up in the Application Navigator bar.

Ideas?

6 answers

1 vote
Liviu Constantinescu September 24, 2013

Have you got JIRA and Confluence set up to run via SSL?

If so, your Application Links may be misconfigured: I was able to solve my problem by installing a new SSL certificate (my previous one was untrusted), and re-creating the application links.

This may also be a factor: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34550

Let me know if that helps solve your problem.

0 votes
Kevin Pinkerman July 12, 2016

This is still an issue on the current version of JIRA On Demand (v1000.148.2).  I have found a workaround for admins: go into the Application Navigator configuration screen and hit the 'refresh' icon at the top right of the list.  This will bring back all of the listings and the navigator will work fine.  I have found this to take place after an overnight update of plugins requires a reindex.  I perform the reindex first and then refresh the app list to restore the Application Navigator back to usefulness.

0 votes
Sujeevan Nagarajah September 30, 2013

It looks like the latest update on ondemand fixed all issues I had. But I still have a minor issue. Before this fix, I had manually added an application navigator item in JIRA to link to confluence. After this update, I have duplicate confluence links. I couldn't delete one of them. Then I marked one of them as hidden. Now I couldn't update it. Any solution for this issue?

0 votes
Sujeevan Nagarajah September 23, 2013

I have the same issue. I use JIRA and confluence ondemand. For last 1 week, Application navigator is gone. Probably due to latest update. Then able to configure manually from JIRA to confluence. But couldn't do from confluence to JIRA because there is no section in confluence admin.

0 votes
Liviu Constantinescu September 22, 2013

I'm having the same problem: all of my Atlassian apps are linked, and the links are functioning, but none of them are displaying in each others' Application Navigator (which just doesn't show up, unless I add something manually).

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2013

Is the application navigator option available in the top left at all? Does disabling/enabling the application navigator plugin resolve the issue?

Patrick Coleman June 24, 2013

Prior to manually adding a test URl the three horizontal line image did not show up at all. After putting in a test url it shows up but still doesn't show the linked applications (fisheye and confluence).

Which plugin should I disable/enable? There are only 6 million in jira at this point. I don't see one that sounds like the one I want.

Suggest an answer