Jira 5 menu dropdowns don't work after system restore

abolotnov April 4, 2013

I've installed Jira 5 and imported exported data from existing Jira 4.3.4 installation. It hasn't worked right off - had to install group selector plugin. once the import has finished I can see users and projects and issues and so on but the menu drop downs stopped working. So say there is Issues > and no dropdown when you click it.

There are lots of JS errors:

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
[Break On This Error] 	

{namespace AJS.Templates}

/plugi...p/view/ (line 878, col 11)

[Break On This Error] 	

{namespace JIRA.Templates.AvatarPicker}

batch.js (line 8, col 11)

[Break On This Error] 	

{namespace JIRA.Templates}

com.at...-lib.js (line 14, col 11)

ReferenceError: AJS is not defined
[Break On This Error] 	

...ely, {3}hide this message{4}.",L,"<a class='tz-yes' href='"+N+"'>","</a>","<a cl...

and exceptions, too:

n.soy.soy-template-plugin:soy-deps
2013-04-05 14:39:00,808 http-bio-8090-exec-15 WARN [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot include disabled web resource module: com.atlassia
n.soy.soy-template-plugin:soy-deps
2013-04-05 14:39:00,808 http-bio-8090-exec-15 WARN [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot include disabled web resource module: com.atlassia

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2013

It looks like one of the (core) plugins required has not loaded correctly.

First, have a look in the plugins page in administration - check both "user loaded" and "system" plugins - look for any that are disabled.

Second, check the application logs for related errors on starting Jira

I'm also concerned about "must install the group selector plugin" - what plugin is that, and what was happening before you installed it that made you think you needed it?

Suggest an answer