Jira 5.2 Upgrade missing custom dashboards for users

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

We upgraded to Jira 5.2 and noticed all the users custom dashboards are missing. Anyway to retrieve them from 4.2.3? When we do a search the Popular & My dashboards only show defaults which the user did not create. There is one with the same name as in QA but it looks different

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

I have no idea why you're missing the dashboards, I haven't seen that with any 5.2 update to date. However, if you want to see if the dashboards are technically still there have a look at these tables

* PortalPage (These are the dashboard pages)

* PortletConfiguration (Gadgets for the pages)

* GadgetUserPreferences (Settings for each users gadget)

Then in the FavouriteAssociations and SharePermissions tables you will see rows with an entitytype of PortalPage. It's possible these rows are missing or mismatched to your users.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

The rows are missing in PortalPage tables in 5.2. I see it in 4.2.3 production but not in the new production server which was upgraded from 4.2.3.

So if they are missing is there a way to recover or import from XML?

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

If I was in your boat first thing I'd try do is get a successful upgrade to 5.2 on a staging instance with your 4.2.3 data. If you can get that to work then yes, you could migrate the data in those tables into your production instance. I wouldn't chance it migrating the 4.2.3 data.

If doing another test upgrade still failed to update and keep the gadgets etc.. then I'd take it up with Atlassian support as that is a bug and maybe they can assist with finding out the cause.

Your goal should be to get a 5.2 working and then look at migrating the dashboards etc.. into your prod instance. (As I'm assuming you couldn't now just backout to 4.2.3)

Suggest an answer