Jira 5.0 + UPM 2.2.4 UPM can't find marketplace

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

I get this message "The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable. To avoid problems when loading this page, you can disable the connection to the Marketplace server. Click here for more information..." after upgrading UPM to 2.2.4. It worked fine before this version. It also wont let me revert back to 2.2.3: "Cannot install a lower version than the currently installed version." Is there a fix for this?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

I believe UPM 2.2.4 has a bug because UPM 2.3 was just put out.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2012

Oh ... UPM 2.3 is still broken. Clicking on the MarketPlace link works, but the Find new Plugins tab is still broken. I am on Jira 5.0.4

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2012

Created an UPM issue. Please vote for the issue if you have this issue, so many people are having this issue.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-2143

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2012

Crossposting the response to that ticket:

"UPM 2.3 won't be completely functional until we deploy a new version of marketplace.atlassian.com, which we intend to do tomorrow.

The new version wasn't intended to be made available until then. Sorry for the slip-up.

At this point, you've got two choices: we can help you downgrade your UPM version, or you can wait 24 hours for our update to roll out. I'll mark this issue as needing verification for now--- if you're still seeing the problem after tomorrow's update, you can re-open it."

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2012

Just tested the UPM 2.3 and it works properly when you click on the "Find New Plugins' tab. If you still have 2.2.4 installed, please test to see if it works or not. Please report the results in the back to the issue noted above (UPM-2143), so future people will know what to do!

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2012

2.2.4 is also working. I will mark this answer as correct since the comment thread as all the relavant information.

0 votes
Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2012

Hi Guys,

I know this treads is for Jira, but i'm on confluence 3.5.13 and I still gettting this odd message:

" "The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable".

I read that Jira lauched a new version of the UPM after 2.3. But Confluence dont have this patched version.

is it on the way ?

thanks guys.

Michael

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2012

Hi John,

Is your Jira server behind a proxy?

In that case you need to configure it to pass throw the proxy to be able to connect to the web.

In this documentation indicates:

Specifically, your application server must be able to contact https://plugins.atlassian.com. The UPM will use the proxy settings of the host application

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2012

No it is not behind a proxy, and I am able to ping plugins.atlassian.com just fine from the server.

Isaac Johnson May 29, 2012

mine as well (verification above - you'll have to trust me that when i type in https://plugins.atlassian.com it auto refreshes to marketplace.atlassian.com)

0 votes
Isaac Johnson May 29, 2012

I am having the same problem. Started this week.

In some browser windows, I don't see the error, but still I get zero results (see below):

Suggest an answer