Jira 5.0 - Are all login tokens cleared if the windows service is restarted or the server rebooted?

Ray Hundley July 27, 2015

JIRA 5.0 running on a windows server.  If we restart the windows service that JIRA runs under or reboot the entire windows server does this also clear the login token which are currently enabled under Administration --> Security --> Remember My Login?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

Hi Ray,

There are two types of login tokens:

1. Default tokens - session set to 30 minutes by default (will log you out if there's no activity in 30 minutes). From my experience, these do clear out at application restart.
  2. "Remember me" tokens (set when the user clicks "remember me" at login) - by default these are valid for 14 days. As you noted, you can reset these via the web interface. They are stored in the REMEMBERMETOKEN in JIRA's database and don't reset on application restart.

As you can see, ~some~ login sessions are cleared out when the application restarts. It just depends on if the user checked the "Remember me" box at login.

Suggest an answer