Jira 5.0 - Are all login tokens cleared if the windows service is restarted or the server rebooted?

JIRA 5.0 running on a windows server.  If we restart the windows service that JIRA runs under or reboot the entire windows server does this also clear the login token which are currently enabled under Administration --> Security --> Remember My Login?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Daniel Eads Community Champion Jul 27, 2015

Hi Ray,

There are two types of login tokens:

1. Default tokens - session set to 30 minutes by default (will log you out if there's no activity in 30 minutes). From my experience, these do clear out at application restart.
  2. "Remember me" tokens (set when the user clicks "remember me" at login) - by default these are valid for 14 days. As you noted, you can reset these via the web interface. They are stored in the REMEMBERMETOKEN in JIRA's database and don't reset on application restart.

As you can see, ~some~ login sessions are cleared out when the application restarts. It just depends on if the user checked the "Remember me" box at login.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

130 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you