Jira 4.4 workflow question

Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Dear Jira gurus,

I have a client who wants to craete issues by email only for statistical pourposes.

She wants that the issues to be created closed with specific assignee assigned and time spent set to 5 minutes.

I have not problem in seting a service for thiese issue to be created auutomatically and If I make the specific assignee the project lead then that cover another point. However i am having trouble to get a simple workflow to behave the way she wants it.

The workflow is just

Create ------ Create Transition ----> Closed

In the create transition

I am using post functions to the "Update Issue Field" but they are not working

http://i48.tinypic.com/e86c2g.jpg

The issue is being created with status closed but the custom post Functions are not working

What I am doing wrong? I would like those post functions to work

I appreciate any assistance

Carlos

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

move your post functions to before the "Creates the issue originally." function. your postfunction should be the first one

Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

Hi Rambamam

Thanks for the reply.

Your answer: moving them before "Creates the issue originally" helped to get some more post fuctions in (The assignee and original estimate). I tried again moving the resolution after "Creates the issue originally" but it still does not work. Anymore ideas

Regards

Carlos

Edit: In the documentation I found

Special case:

If you need to set the 'Resolution' field when creating an issue, add the 'Update Issue Field' post function after the 'Creates the issue originally' post function and after that, use the 'Store Issue' post function. The 'Store Issue' post function is useful for setting the 'Resolution' field during issue creation.

Suggest an answer