Jira 4.4.5 seems to have cached group membership and won't recognize edits I've made

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Last Friday I used the admin section of Jira to delete some members of a group, and add a couple people.

Yet, filters that use that group are still showing entries corresponding to members that had been DELETED from the group.

Some kind of caching seems to happening, and after 3 days, it's still cached.

When I look at the list of groups I see:

Group Name Users

EmergingProducts 25

But, when I drill down into the group and edit members it shows:

Selected 1 of 42 Groups 14 Group Member(s)

There are, in fact, 14 members in the list. Yet it's claiming in the list of groups that there are 25 members, which is the number prior to editing.

Short of a restart, how do I force Jira to catch up to my edits?

We are using Jira 4.4.5, and we are using LDAP delegated authentication for authentication only, we are not using groups from LDAP (active directory to be specific)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

Maybe this is helpful? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Synchronising+Data+from+External+Directories

Otherwise, go ahead and contact support.atlassian.com providing your ldap and user management strategy, and they should be able to provide you the fix for this.

Suggest an answer