Jira 4.3.4 to 6.0?

We're in the process of upgrading Jira from 4.3.4 to 5.2 and I was wondering how soon Jira 6 will be released, and whether we will be able to upgrade directly from 4.3.4 to 6.0 or if we'll have to do it incrementally, 4.3.4 to 5.2.10 to 6.0? Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

On my staging tests, I was able to upgrade directly to version 6 beta by doing and in place upgrade, and by importing my data into an fresh version 6 install. Thanks for the help

You should probably contact support to ask.

0 vote
Colin Goudie Community Champion Apr 25, 2013

My gut feel is you can probably go straight from 4.3.4 to 6.0 although when 6.0 does come out generally they will mention in the upgrade guide if you need to go via another previous release. Generally I've seen this only when they introduced new user management frameworks though

Agree with @Colin - altho as with any upgrade - assumption is you are doing the staging upgrade first, and validate. So just set yourself up to be able to maneuver.

You might get lucky, and Atlassian's JIRA upgrades have improved measurably in the releases since your FROM version. But anyways, doesn't hurt to try - and maybe save some time.

Worst case, you go back to your staged versions plan.

Best case, you can say #winning !

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

111 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you