Jira 4.3.4 to 6.0?

Matt April 25, 2013

We're in the process of upgrading Jira from 4.3.4 to 5.2 and I was wondering how soon Jira 6 will be released, and whether we will be able to upgrade directly from 4.3.4 to 6.0 or if we'll have to do it incrementally, 4.3.4 to 5.2.10 to 6.0? Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt April 29, 2013

On my staging tests, I was able to upgrade directly to version 6 beta by doing and in place upgrade, and by importing my data into an fresh version 6 install. Thanks for the help

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Agree with @Colin - altho as with any upgrade - assumption is you are doing the staging upgrade first, and validate. So just set yourself up to be able to maneuver.

You might get lucky, and Atlassian's JIRA upgrades have improved measurably in the releases since your FROM version. But anyways, doesn't hurt to try - and maybe save some time.

Worst case, you go back to your staged versions plan.

Best case, you can say #winning !

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

My gut feel is you can probably go straight from 4.3.4 to 6.0 although when 6.0 does come out generally they will mention in the upgrade guide if you need to go via another previous release. Generally I've seen this only when they introduced new user management frameworks though

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

You should probably contact support to ask.

Suggest an answer