Jira 32 bit Demo installer won't run on 2003 SBS server

Ron Anders May 12, 2015

Hi,

I just downloaded the 32 bit JIRA demo installer (twice) and the installer won't start.

I get a brief wait cursor then nothing.

:Ron

8 answers

0 votes
Matt Paing August 11, 2015

I had the same problem. Double-clicking the atlassian-jira-6.4.9-x32.exe in Windows Explorer had no effect. I ended up opening the command prompt (cmd.exe) and ran it from there. Installer window popped up immediately.

0 votes
Ron Anders May 13, 2015

Crickets...........

I'm a pc network tech - so I've installed a lot of win32 installers on 03 server sbs.

I've never seen one that behaves this way. I don't have to install this on that server but I want to. It's all ready to go and is running my VisualSVN witch I want to sync to JIRA.

I'm not without bug tracking as I am on FogBugz on demand right now

0 votes
Ron Anders May 12, 2015

Does JIRA run on anything from 2003?

Ya mean like oh say.....XP? - Yes the installer starts in XP

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

Does JIRA run on anything from 2003? smile

0 votes
Ron Anders May 12, 2015

Ok the same installer file was copied to a win 7 box and runs as expected.

Another real funny thing on the 03 server is while right click does produce the run as context menu but left clicking on Run as just closes the context menu. I can do this to any other program and I get the Run As dialog box  just not the JIRA demo installer. - get cha some a that!

0 votes
Ron Anders May 12, 2015

Well, updating the installer didn't fix it I still get a wait cursor for oh 30 seconds or so  after double clicking atlassian-jira-6.4.4-x32.exe then nothing.    

I'll try copying the download to my win7 laptop and thy that just for info.

:Ron

0 votes
Ron Anders May 12, 2015

I may have it solved. I updated the windows installer to 4.5 but cant restart the box until tonight.

After updating the installer (and not restarting) the JIRA installer showed the wait cursor for nearly a minute like something good was going to happen then the wait cursor went back to an arrow and nothing.

Contrast that with only a blip of a wait cursor before.

I'll update this thread when I know more.

The download url was:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download?b=j

Thanks

::Ron

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2015

Ron

Could you please specify the full url from the downloaded file. In addition, have you tried to run the file as administrator?

Suggest an answer