Jira 3.11 - Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect

Deleted user August 14, 2012

Hi,

I appreciate that its an old version and its highly advisable to upgrade - i will do once i get this problem resolved.

I am trying to move my Jira installation from server a to server b. Jira was running fine and pulling its data from the default database. When i have tried to change it to the MS SQL database the following error occurs:

2012-08-15

2012-08-15 13:16:30,803 Thread-1 ERROR [jira.appconsistency.db.DatabaseConsistencyCheck] There was a SQL exception checking for database driver correctness. Skipping.
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect)

I know the connection string is correct as i have logged into it management studio, SQL is running on the default port and the user is not the owner but part of the owner group.

SQL is SQL Express 2005.

Connection string is:

<Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false">
          <Resource name="jdbc/JiraDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="user"
            password="password"
            driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/database"
            maxActive="20" />

I tried change sqlserver to sqlexpress, no joy

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

1 answer

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Is TCP/IP enabled: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlexpress/archive/2005/05/05/415084.aspx ?

From memory I thought 1433 was not the right port of sqlexpress, but could be wrong.

In my SQL Server days I used to use portqry, which can query the browser service if you have that running: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832919

To test anything is listening on that port you can run "telnet localhost 1433"

Deleted user August 14, 2012

Argh!

How frustrating, although SQL Configuration said it was enabled on 1433, when i drilled down into the IP Address settings in TCP/IP - it was blank. Populated with 1433 and restarted SQL and were good to go.

Thanks for triggering that sequence of events!

Andrew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events