Jira 2 Slack integration - Project Related events

Primož Prislan October 24, 2019

Hi!

I want to add messages about "Project related events" in Jira to Slack integration.

It is possible to mark that on Jira side of integration but not on Slack side.

I can configure integration to work with issue related events but not with all other type of events (Project related events, User related events, Jira configuration related events( which are available on Jira side configuration.

Jira_Slack.png

Is this possible and I'm doing something wrong or is it not possible at all?

Thanks for your help.

Wishes, Primož Prislan.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hi @Primož Prislan ,

While we don't support that particular use-case in the official Jira Server for Slack plugin, it's possible you might be able to make it happen with additional plugins and some configuration.

Scriptrunner can use the non-issue events seen in your screenshot. Adaptavist has some documentation provided here that shows how to send a message to Slack based on the event and some extra parameters (channel, etc). I think this will get you fairly close to what you're looking for.

No Slack integration on Marketplace right now seems to have a feature like this, so it does look like manually setting it up is the only option. Scriptrunner is a fairly-commonly installed plugin in Server though, so it's very likely to help out here.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer