Jenkins job for jira plugin development?

Valentin Borlea March 11, 2014

Hi all,

Is here anyone who created a jenkins job for building a jira plugin?

I would like to know if it is possible and how to deal with atlassian's sdk in Jenkins?

Thank you!

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Hi,

We're using Jenkins to build our plugin - Configuration Manager for JIRA. Here's a summary of the required configuration:

1. Install atlassian plugin sdk on the Jenkins build machines
  2. In Jenkins add a maven installation pointing to the sdk - Manage Jenkins -> Cofigure System -> Maven Installations. Click "Add Maven" button and uncheck "Install Automatically" then
    1. Name it (i.e. atlas-mvn)
    2. In MAVEN_HOME put the path to the sdk (i.e. /opt/atlassian-plugin-sdk/apache-maven).
  3. Create a job with the following configuration
    1. Add a build step "Invoke Top Level Maven Target"
    2. Choose atlas-mvn (or whatever name you've specified in 2.1) from the "Maven Version" dropdown
    3. Put "clean install" in the "Goals" textbox (or any other depending on what you want to do)
KarolinaV November 28, 2016

I can't find the atlassian plugin sdk in Jenkins plugin directory, how do I install this?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2017

Hi Boris,

Could you please provide steps to provide target JIRA server details in Jenkins to install a built JIRA plugin? 

Thanks.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

You can try Nexus OSS - http://www.sonatype.org/nexus/it's one of the best out there :).

0 votes
Dale Miller April 1, 2014

What did you use for your own maven repository. I have been playing with artifactory but Jenkins complains that it needs Maven 3.0.2 to force dependency resolution form artifactory. I looked at CloudBees but would like to setup my own maven repo locallly.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

I've installed it in my own maven repository. Cloudbees offers a maven repository for freee, so you might consider it as an option.

0 votes
Dale Miller March 25, 2014

Boris How did you fix the missing jta-1.0.1.pom issue. I have been trying to get it to work and have followed all the instructions I could find with no succes. It never seems to find it.

Matti Kiviharju
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2020

Hi,

I copied the Atlassian SDK maven settings.xml to /opt/settings.xml and edited it.

<repository>
<id>atlassian-plugin-sdk</id>
<url>file:///usr/share/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.2/repository</url>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</snapshots>
<releases>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
</releases>
</repository>

Just replace the ${env.ATLAS_HOME} with real path to your Atlassian SDK home.

And then put the path /opt/settings.xml to project's advanced build settings on Jenkins.

Then build succeed in my server.

Suggest an answer