Jenkins Integration with Jira

I have installed Jenkins Plugin for JIRA on my JIRA installation and also JIRA Plugin for Jenkins on to my Jenkins installation. I have added an application link in JIRA settings.

I am facing below issue:

1) On Application Links page there is a warning that my Jenkins Application "seems to be offline". While Adding a jenkins link it gives me error : The host doesn't respond. Change the url or click next to confirm.

Jira Version - 6.0.5

Jenkins Version - 1.562

Jenkins-Jira Plugin Version - 1.4.3

Thanks to anybody who's willing to help me out on this.

3 answers

Hi Shital,

I'm not an expert on this integration, but did you verified if you can reach your Jenkins server from JIRA? Not just ping, maybe trying to access the application ports using telnet.

Hi Shital,

Do you see any errors in the Jenkins log?

The error means that the JIRA server was not able to connect to the Jenkins server to check if its online or not. This could be because the JIRA server cannot connect to the Jenkins server like Lucas mentioned.

But is can also be because the Jenkins server doesn't returns a success response.

Hi Lucas and Mark

Thanks for your response. You were right, Jenkins server was not accessible from Jira.

Problem is resolved now.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,858 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you