Jelly runner reports error: unclosed token

Joseph Polanik September 9, 2012

Re: Jira v3.13.

A script is failing with a message about an unclosed token and a reference to a line (in the error output) showing an unclosed ending "values" tag: </values.

My team has other scripts but we only use built in jira tags; nothing custom written.

Any suggestions as to how Jira may write an incomplete ending tag (or erroneously report that one was written)?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2012

Yup, that looks like Jelly. I get those error messages all the time, but it's because I keep messing up my xml editing it by hand (worked with computers for years, still can't tpey coppectly)

I'm pretty sure you will find that there's an error in the Jelly you are giving it. Check the lines of Jelly the error message is pointing at very carefully. Ideally, open the jelly in an xml-aware editor as most of them can check the syntax and layout for you. My favourite tricks to generate these errors are missing or extra " marks, following by using ` and ' interchangably, when they are not. If your Jelly is dynamic (pulling in data from other sources), it's a bit more difficult to debug, but it's also a lot more likely to be a quote mark of some sort.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

I edited the question because "script runner" generally refers to running groovy/python etc scripts, and I'm pretty sure you are talking about jelly.

Suggest an answer