Jelly as a service

Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Hi,

I am having problem where I can't get jelly to run as a service. I have jira installed in the server, however for the input and output fille I have used both server path and my computer path it still doesnt want to work. Also is the output file supposed to be blank?

Thanks for you help.

Anand

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi Matheus,

Thanks for your response. I am basically trying to run a service where it runs everyday at a specific time, once a month and weekly. I have found out that you can create your own service but that is proving to be difficult. Is there a way that I can add code within Jelly script to run at a specific time, not in bank holiday etc? Or is there a way I can add to the already defaulted schedule-config.xml file?

Thanks once again.

Regards

Anand

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2013

Hi Anand,

Could you explain further what is that you are trying to achieve with the Jelly Script? Please do use the server path, and also, depending on what you are trying to do, the Jelly Script needs to pass the permission scheme to work, so you may need to add the following to the script:

<jira:Login username="admin" password="admin">

Change 'admin'/'admin' for a valid user's credential, of course. Also, if you run the Jelly script without setting it as a service, what happens?

Cheers

Suggest an answer