Jelly Script

Thomas Gruber December 21, 2017

Hello,

I want to use Jelly Script for JIRA
but I read in several postings that Jelly Script will not be supported anymore for JIRA. Is this true? Script Runner is often recommended as an alternative but I don't want to buy a plugin just to run some simple and small scripts. 

Greetings
Tom

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Jelly went away many many versions ago.

There are other ways to automate and script.  What are your scripts doing? 

Much as I am probably supposed to sell ScriptRunner (because it can do all the things without you needing to learn new languages or run into limits in the add-on, etc), I can still try to see if you can meet your requirements without it.  As can other people here.

Thomas Gruber December 21, 2017

Hi Nic,

as a first example I just want to write a script which changes the status of a ticket automatically after a time period (for example 3 days). I there a simple way to write such short scripts for JIRA?

Greetings Tom

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

You'd need ScriptRunner, Automation, or one of the other scripting add-ons to do that.

Suggest an answer