Jelly: How to deal with a required stock field with a space int he name?

Neeraj Kumar November 11, 2013

Jelly script: How to handle a required stock field with a space int he name? E.g. "Affects Versions".

Is there a way to refer to such fields by any other identifier? e.g. a number. If yes, then how to get a corresponding number for such a field?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2013

The system fields have their own identifiers - description, summary, affects, fixed, and so on. I can't rememeber if the word you need here really is "affects" though - my memory is also muttering "affectedVersion"

Neeraj Kumar November 11, 2013

The field appears as 'affects version'. It is a stock field not a custom field.

There are multiple such fields with space in their names.

If there is such a field can it be referenced by any other identifier?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2013

Er, that's the answer I gave - the system fields have their own identifiers.

You might be confused by my choice of words - I tend to use the word "system" instead of "stock", because system fields are all built into Jira, as opposed to custom fields. Some custom fields "stock" because they're created by default in a new installation

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

There wording for affects version in jelly is simple "versions",

please check following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags#JellyTags-jira:CreateIssue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2013

My apologies, I've just found the bookmark I use and the word you need is simply "versions". See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/constant-values.html#com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.FieldManager.CUSTOM_FIELD_PREFIX

0 votes
Neeraj Kumar November 12, 2013

@Nic Brough, @Udo Brand:

Thank you for your answers.

Suggest an answer