Jelly AddPermission script error

David Thompson January 7, 2015

Hi,

Following the Jelly Tags documentation, I'm trying to add a project role into a permission on a permission scheme.

I get an error back from the Jelly runner referencing the permission for the below jelly script.

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.enterprise.JiraTagLib">
<jira:AddPermission schemeId="10160" permissions="Edit" type="projectrole" projectroleid="10000"/>
</JiraJelly>

The error returned.

Jelly script ran and produced the following messages.

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira='jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.enterprise.JiraTagLib'>

<Error action='AddPermission'>

<TagContents>(AddPermission(projectroleid=10000)(permissions=[Ljava.lang.String;@16bf6d6)(projectrole=10000)(schemeId=10160)(type=projectrole)(group=))</TagContents>

<ExecutedAs>user=dthompson</ExecutedAs>

<ErrorMessage>

Result=input

Permission with key '12' doesn't exist.

</ErrorMessage>

</Error>

</JiraJelly>

I have tried different types of permissions "Close" "Move" etc but same error returned.

What is the problem with the permissions?

Thanks,

David

5 answers

0 votes
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

It seems its a bug sad. I have created a bug report here : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41844. I would recommend you to add yourself to the watchlist on the bug report to receive further updates from our team on this issue. 

0 votes
Carsten Schäfer January 29, 2015

Hi David,

did you receive any answer about your request? I´am wating since two weeks for a solution, I opened a ticket, which is still investigating at Atlassian support.

KD

David Thompson January 29, 2015

Hi Carsten, No I haven't found an answer for the problem. I will be testing an upgrade on our instance to a more recent v6 version to see if the problem goes away. I'll let you know how it goes and if you hear back from Atlassian with a cause and fix then please let me know too. Thanks, David

0 votes
Carsten Schäfer January 21, 2015

We receive same error after update to 6.3.6. Before update same script was working fine.

0 votes
David Thompson January 7, 2015

Hi Pedro, v6.3.6 Thanks.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2015

Hi David, what is the version of JIRA that you are running?

Suggest an answer