Javascript updates are ignored in "Create Issue" popup window.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 28, 2012

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27371

I'm wondering if other plugin developers are having a problem with this issue ?
When a user switches an issuetype in the create issue popup window, custom fields which use specific javascript are not visible.

The only workaround is to close the create issue dialog and reopen it.
Any other workarounds known ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2012

HI,

I had the same issue, whenever I login and try to create a issue by changing the project or issue type, I sensed the same thing, the java scripts that were present in the field descriptions were not working, So I did a work around, I created a plugin with same javascript and I added it to JIRA, which started to work for me, and I tested the above case, this workaround seems to be successful for me.

Hope this Helps.

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2012
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 2, 2013

Good idea - we will give it a try - thanks

Suggest an answer