Javascript Code in the Custom Field Description

DeepakBhatia September 18, 2012

Hi,

I want to write some javascript code in the Custom Field configuration, please help me in the same.

I am using JIRA 4.4.4.

Regards

Deepak Bhatia

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

Er, yes, you put it in the description of the field. Is that the entire question?

Do you have link of JIRA Administrator FAQ, I had referred to that but not finding it now. Or give me an example...

I am not able to view your response....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

What response? What are you talking about? You haven't mentioned any FAQ before, your question said nothing more than "I want to write some javascript code in the Custom Field configuration, please help me in the same. I am using JIRA 4.4.4."

Please, read back properly. Also demanding random examples probably isn't going to help. All you really need to do is put a standard block of html based javascript in there - i.e.

<script type="text/javascript">
Your script
</script>

Like Kiran Srinivas likes this
Daniel Luevano June 10, 2015

Hi, I added some code on the description field of one of my custom fields. Now I need to modify this code but any updates I do to the description don't make any effect on the final behavior, I also deleted completely the 'Description' value and the JS code still is there. I cannot delete the custom field because it's linked with other workflow validations. I also tried without success: 1. Delete my Explorer cache, 2. Restart JIRA (twice). Any ideas?

Suggest an answer