JavaScript Chart for JIRA Cloud - Ask field utility

Celine Mommessin March 8, 2016

hello,

Can someone tell me the utility of the field "" in data set in the gadget  JavaScript Chart for JIRA Cloud.

Is it possible whith this gadget to get the total bug's number of one type ?

Thanks for your answers.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Celine Mommessin March 24, 2016

Thanks for your answer

I wish to have a graph that shows the evolution of the total number of tickets having the status of JIRA and Proposed Reopened daily.

for example
Thursday 4 tickets have been updated with the status Proposed and 1 with the status reopened-> on the graphic appears   5 tickets

Friday 1 ticket has been updated with the Proposed status and 2 with the status reopened -> on the graphic appears 8 tickets

boydo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2016

@Céline,

Thanks for explaining so clearly.

It should now be possible to do what you describe.

In the "Time Series Field" drop down menu, if you select the "None (show total)" option, then the JQL query will be run repeatedly for each day. (Beware, it can take a while to run, and the graph to generate)

Please note your JQL queries must be phrased in past tense as well...eg:

status WAS "reopened"

Here is the configuration for an example (using Open/Closed instead of Proposed/Reopened):

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 10.36.35 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-29 at 10.36.17 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-29 at 10.35.42 am.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 10.58.03 am.png

Celine Mommessin March 30, 2016

Thanks for your answer

These conditions doesn't work.

project in (PROJ) AND status in ( "In Progress" ,"Proposed")

project in (PROJ) AND (status was "Proposed" or status was "In Progress" )

Can you tell me why please ?

boydo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2016

Hi @Céline,

I think the correct query for what you are trying to do, should be:

project in (PROJ) AND status WAS in ("Proposed", "In Progress")

Celine Mommessin March 30, 2016

Thank you very much it works !!!

Celine Mommessin May 31, 2016

Hello,
I use my graphic today. By against a JIRA can appear in two status if it changes satut the same day. Is there a component or a way to get the same information that the graphics but with the JIRA issue to see what JIRA is counted twice. Or there has been there a way to take into account in the graph the latest status of JIRA so that it appears a single time.

Thanks for your answers.

Like Bret Sheeley likes this
0 votes
Celine Mommessin June 14, 2016

Hello,
I use my graphic today. By against a JIRA can appear in two status if it changes satut the same day. Is there a component or a way to get the same information that the graphics but with the JIRA issue to see what JIRA is counted twice. Or there has been there a way to take into account in the graph the latest status of JIRA so that it appears a single time.

Thanks for your answers.

0 votes
boydo
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2016

Hi,

The "Time Series Field" is a date that is associated with every bug. For example:

• the date it was created or;
  • the date it was resolved or;
  • the date it was last updated

This field is what is used as the X value for each data point.

Can you can give a bit more detail about what you want your graph to show?

Suggest an answer