JSON import to JIRA 7.1.2 (Server) - how to account for project type?

Rose Cruz June 10, 2016

Regarding JIRA Software (Server) v7.1.2 - having issues with importing JSON file. Used the JSON format example on the page Importing data from JSON. I experienced the bug (JIM-1668): JSON project "type" is required for jira 7 and not marked as ignorable. I also read that the documentation has not been updated to account for Project Types (JRA-45676). Can someone provide an update?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

I believe you are missing the project type which is required for JIRA 7.x. Add a "type" property with value "software" or "business" (depending on what type of project you want to create).

0 votes
Rose Cruz June 10, 2016

Thanks for the quick response Petar. Where does the property go exactly in the json file, can you provide an example?

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

It should be in the project object. If I take an excerpt from the example in the documentation:

"projects": [
        {
            "name": "A Sample Project",
            "key": "ASM",
            "description": "JSON file description",
			"type": "software",
            "versions": [

Suggest an answer