JSON import to JIRA 7.1.2 (Server) - how to account for project type?

Regarding JIRA Software (Server) v7.1.2 - having issues with importing JSON file. Used the JSON format example on the page Importing data from JSON. I experienced the bug (JIM-1668): JSON project "type" is required for jira 7 and not marked as ignorable. I also read that the documentation has not been updated to account for Project Types (JRA-45676). Can someone provide an update?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I believe you are missing the project type which is required for JIRA 7.x. Add a "type" property with value "software" or "business" (depending on what type of project you want to create).

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the quick response Petar. Where does the property go exactly in the json file, can you provide an example?

It should be in the project object. If I take an excerpt from the example in the documentation:

"projects": [
        {
            "name": "A Sample Project",
            "key": "ASM",
            "description": "JSON file description",
			"type": "software",
            "versions": [

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

137 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you