• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JSD Reporter not getting a mail when public comment is entered

Hi, 

We have the following: customer complained he didn't get a notification mail after he entered a comment on a ticket.

I know that he shouldn't get a notification for his own changes so that is 'normal behavior' but the customer is using an generic email address on several user accounts and states that even when he shouldn't get a notification, someone else in the same organization should have (and they have the same email address as him).

Could it be that Jira detects that this is the same mail address as the reporter and therefore not sends a notification to that mail addresss?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Liam Green Community Leader Dec 22, 2020

Hi @Wim Abts 

Essentially, yes.  If the email address he is using is the same as someone else then Jira will not send a notification to that email as it thinks the reporter sent it.

You could change that account so that the account is notified of its own changes.

Hope that helps, 

Regards, Liam

Hi @Liam Green 

Where can i change that?

Hi @Wim Abts 

The user would need to go into their profile and make the change.

I cannot find the document to do this on Server, but this article shows you on Cloud so hopefully the steps are similar: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-your-jira-personal-settings/

Regards, Liam

But this is a customer account in JSD, not a Jira user.

It seems to me that there is only a global setting on project level that can be changed but i don't think all customers would like this...

Other solution i suggested was to create a generic customer account with that specific mail address and change all other users to their own mail address and than include the generic account in the customers organization.
This way this account would get notified when someone else enters a comment.

Does this sound ok?

Hi @Wim Abts 

Of course, sorry - I had completely overlooked that!

Yes, your suggestion would work - it seems a bit clunky, but without being able to change customer notifications on an individual level I cannot think of an alternative solution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you