JSD: Possible to change a user group picker from the queue

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

I'm trying to provide the ability in a Servicedesk project to work team based first and user based second.

This is easily solved (altho with some limitation) by creating a user group picker field and adding it.

One of the drawbacks tho is that I seem to be unable to change this user group picker field direclty from the queue view.

Is this something I'm missing (as a setting) or is this just not possible? (or is yet another add-on required..)

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

Hi Dirk,

It sounds like you do not have a value in the field initially, and currently on the Service Desk Queue view a field will only display on the issue view screen if it has a value present in that field, so a workaround is to set a default value for the field with a  group that should always be added so that it will be visible on the issue view screen for the project.  otherwise you can add it to the issue edit screen and manage the groups via an edit.

Additionally we are currently in the process of adding in this functionality, and the new issue view will have this capability for Service Desk soon, we are tracking the implementation at the following link, make sure to add yourself as a watcher to get updates on the status of the feature: 

Regards,
Earl

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2019

Hi Earl,

While this is already something that I'm looking forward to (show/hide empty fields in the issue view), I'm actually talking about the queue view.

My custom user group field is shown as a column in the queue (although empty or with a value) but either way I'm unable to change the value.

For me this would be a huge improvement to allow agents to change the "team" just like you would the default assignee field.

Thsi would allow a SPOC to triage the incoming requests/incidents and quickly assign them to the correct team (and they would then be able to assign a user to it)

Right now this would take several steps (opening the incident, edit, enter the team field, close the incident screen)

Suggest an answer