JSD License for Jira-Administrators?

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

Hi there,

we are evaluation JSD in our company.

Am I correct that a JIRA-Systemadministrator also needs to be a JSD-Agent to "help" the people with their configuration?

I will never work as an agent in any ServiceDesk on our Jira-Plattform but i still need a license?

We are 4 JIRA-Admins. And everybody should be able to substitute everbody. With that, there are 4 JSD-Licenses burned which are quite useless...

Is there any info/plan to change the JSD-Behaviour for JIRA-Admins?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Hello Andre,

you're right. I tried it with our service desk. As soon as I revoked group "service-desk-agent" from my user (jira-admin) I couldn't access the service desk anymore.
You could file an issue in Atlassians JIRA.

As jira-admins, you needn't be member of group service-desk-agents all the time. If there's an incident and someone needs help with their service desk, you can assign the necessary group to your user, solve the problem and revoke the membership. This burns only one license slot.

Cheers,
Kirstin

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2015

Thanks Kirstin, I have raised a suggenstion at JAC :-) https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2253 Kind regards André

0 votes
Dirk Conzelmann October 28, 2019

I have voted for this issue and I am new to JSD. I want to know if there is a chance to know if or when this issue will be active on the agenda. Could someone please explain how the developers of Atlassian are sharing and panning with the community members?

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2019

Hi Dirk,

you can vote for issues and watch them. If you select this issue for watching, you will get notifications for all types of changes to this issue: comments, status updates ...

Cheers,
Kirstin

Suggest an answer