JSD - How to restrict any to any transitions if issue has not already been approved

C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2017

We currently use any to any tranisitons for our workflows once an issue is approved. 

Our intake process requires the "new" issue to be "Submitted for Approval", once approved, we would like the workflow to follow the any to any transition model we have with JIRA simpified workflows. 

So my question:   How do I add a transition condition that requires the issue to be approved?

I Assume that I should be able to check with the approval field, but I "do not have permission" to view it. 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

Hi Christian,

Have you setup your approvals according to the Setting up approvals knowledge base article?  From my experience, when you setup a list of approvers and it gets to that stage, the issue will only transition once someone from the approved list of approvers makes the necessary changes to the ticket.

If you have setup your instance in that manner what happens if someone tries to transition the issue before it's approved?

Cheers,

Branden

C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2017

I have followed the documentation. In the documentation there is no reference to the transition All.

if the customer is only using the service desk portal,  this is not an issue.  

However, when you have users that are on the service desk team, and you do not want them to bypass your approvals, AND you have multiple transitions (more then 2) you may need restrictions on the workflow.

using scriptrunner we have created    Checks but we're looking for simpler way.

we have also set a custom field (not on the screen)on approval and then had the other status check for the custom field but this also has limitations. 

We were looking for a method to prevent transitions unless there was an approval.

Suggest an answer