JSD-62 Documentation

Robert Sutherland July 7, 2014

It appears the process of separating the Customer Portal from JIRA permeissions has been done (i.e access portal but do not allow JIRA access), but I can't find a description on the procedure anywhere in the documentation. Could you provide a link to the appropriate documentation?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2014

Hi Robert,

I think you are talking about this issue right?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-62

In that case the documentation how to manage permissions is here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Setting+up+JIRA+Service+Desk+Users

I hope that will help

Best Regards,

Mirek

Robert Sutherland July 7, 2014

I did that. User is group 'user', not 'jira-user'. Check mark on 'Customer Portal', 'x' on JIRA. User can still get into JIRA dashboard with 'Activity Stream' showing all activity and can browse all projects. Not good. Also, how do I partition various customers so they cannot log into unautorized portals.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2014

Are you using 1.2 version of Service Desk plugin?

Robert Sutherland July 9, 2014

I am using JIRA OnDemand. I assume its the latest version.

Robert Sutherland July 10, 2014

How does user ‘Arnold J. Rimmer’ get Administrator privilege? He is not set up for that in ‘Roles’

Robert Sutherland July 17, 2014

Hello. Do you have an answer for this?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2014

Hi Robert,

How does user ‘Arnold J. Rimmer’ get Administrator privilege? He is not set up for that in ‘Roles’

As I see from the last screenshot ALL jira-users have Administrator priviliges to this project. Only you are added individualy but as you see also: administrators, users and jira-users are added to Administrators project role too..

You need to check also to which groups this specific users is added but I am pretty sure that there are added to at least one of this group.

This could be the root casue of this.

Robert Sutherland July 21, 2014

Ok. Its cockpit trouble. Didn't properly unerstand the Roles/Permissions operation properly.

Thanks

Suggest an answer