JSD-62 Documentation

It appears the process of separating the Customer Portal from JIRA permeissions has been done (i.e access portal but do not allow JIRA access), but I can't find a description on the procedure anywhere in the documentation. Could you provide a link to the appropriate documentation?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek Community Champion Jul 07, 2014

Hi Robert,

I think you are talking about this issue right?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-62

In that case the documentation how to manage permissions is here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Setting+up+JIRA+Service+Desk+Users

I hope that will help

Best Regards,

Mirek

I did that. User is group 'user', not 'jira-user'. Check mark on 'Customer Portal', 'x' on JIRA. User can still get into JIRA dashboard with 'Activity Stream' showing all activity and can browse all projects. Not good. Also, how do I partition various customers so they cannot log into unautorized portals.

Mirek Community Champion Jul 08, 2014

Are you using 1.2 version of Service Desk plugin?

I am using JIRA OnDemand. I assume its the latest version.

How does user ‘Arnold J. Rimmer’ get Administrator privilege? He is not set up for that in ‘Roles’

Hello. Do you have an answer for this?

Mirek Community Champion Jul 19, 2014

Hi Robert,

How does user ‘Arnold J. Rimmer’ get Administrator privilege? He is not set up for that in ‘Roles’

As I see from the last screenshot ALL jira-users have Administrator priviliges to this project. Only you are added individualy but as you see also: administrators, users and jira-users are added to Administrators project role too..

You need to check also to which groups this specific users is added but I am pretty sure that there are added to at least one of this group.

This could be the root casue of this.

Ok. Its cockpit trouble. Didn't properly unerstand the Roles/Permissions operation properly.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,103 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you