JQL to show issues with possible transitions for current user

Dmitri Barski March 17, 2014

Dear all,

I am looking for a way to filter the issues for "has a transition possible for current user".

The reason behind this is: JIRA does not implement "group assignments", however for certain steps of our workflow, an action (typically an approval) from "a person with a certain project role" is required (with more than one person in this role). Therefore our workflow transfers an issue to "Unassigned" for such a step and sends out an email to that project role (long live Script Runner!), while restricting the outgoing transitions to that project role, too.

However, the internal customers approach me with the question: "how can I see a list of issues requiring my action?".

This cannot go by "show issues assigned to me" since especially for the approvers, the issues are not technically assigned to them - therefore my idea of querying for issues with a possible (allowed for current user) outgoing transition...

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Dmitri

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

There's no way to do this - JQL is for searching issue data, not issue configuration (and the workflow is issue configuration). Even if it did allow searches for configuration, there's another layer in that you'd then have to read all the user data as well.

I don't think you're going to get this easily, although I'd be tempted to try a script-runner "scripted field" to see if you can extract a list of users who could do X to an issue - that would allow you to search.

Suggest an answer