JQL to show everything linked to my EPICs

Andrew Thorne April 5, 2017

Hi,

I am new to JIRA (and even newer to JIRA administration). I have a Kanban board that should show all issues for my project and all issues from other projects that are linked to it via the "Epic Link" field.

To do this, the JQL for my filter looks like:

project = MyProject OR "Epic Link" in (MyProject-1, MyProject-2, MyProject-3) ORDER BY Rank ASC

This works fine but eventually I will create more EPICs for mly project and I do not want to have to go around modifying my filters every time. (I will forget or it might not be me that creates the new EPIC.)

Is there a way to put a sub-query in the statement to return all the EPICs of the project so I can add EPICs to my project without having to modify my filter all the time?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

If you have a plugin like JQL Tricks, you can write generic queries to find issues issues linked to Epics that matches certain criteria.

See issuesWhereEpicIn function at http://www.j-tricks.com/jqlt-links-functions.html. 

Andrew Thorne April 5, 2017

Thanks, Jobin, that looks interesting and definitely something to foliow up.

Suggest an answer