JQL to see items from previous sprint

Glen November 15, 2012

I want to create a couple of filters:

1) Filter to show items that were open and assigned to me at the beginning of the last sprint

2) Filter to show items that were in some other specific state at the *end* of the last sprint

Basically, I want to see how many story points/hours I am capable of handling and pushing through the workflow in a sprint.

Any suggestions?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2012

Hi Glendon,

You can refer to this docs for the complete explanation and example of using JQL.

JIRA Advance Searching - WAS clause

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Vicky.

Glen November 15, 2012

That's interesting. If there was a way to have a function like "lastSprint()" that could be used for BEFORE/DURING, it'd be *perfect*!

vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2012

Hm. this could be another feature request?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

For now though, get the dates for the start and stop of your sprint and you can do the query.

Glen November 15, 2012

@Vicky I'd absolutely make it a feature request. Where do I do that?

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

You can also get the ID associated with the sprint you want to report and use that in the JQL. Go to an issue associated with the sprint. Click on the edit button associated with the Sprint field. When you do, the sprint name will change to an integer. Go to the Issue Navigator and input JQL of: sprint = integer

where the integer in the sprint ID that you just found. Then you can add addiitonla criteria such as assignee=currentuser or your name.

0 votes
Glen November 15, 2012

@Norman can you give me a better explanation of that? I'm not sure I understand what you're telling me.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

Use the WAS clause with either the after or during phrase to get a date range

Suggest an answer