It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to see all sub-tasks assigned to a Team (Team-A)

Hi,

I am looking for a JQL to see all sub-tasks assigned to a Team (Team-A).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @border_water ,

If Team is group in Jira the you can use below JQL. Replace jira-software-users with your group name.

issuetype = Sub-task AND assignee in membersOf("jira-software-users")

Thanks,

Avinash

Hi,

No here team is not a group.

Also, how do i create a group. I have Administrator access and still i cannot create a Group.

Thanks

Hi @border_water ,

Please refer below screenshot on how to create group and document.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/view-create-or-delete-a-group-938847038.html

group01.pngThanks,

Avinash

Thank you Avinash.....

I am not sure why i do not see all those menus in your screenshot ?

Hi @border_water 

It looks like you do not have jira administrator permissions for the instance. Please get in touch with your jira administrator for getting necessary access. 

Thanks 

Avinash

Can you check the below screenshot and it seems I am an Administrator.

a.png

Hi @border_water 

Basically you're administrator to projects in Jira that means you can do the configuration with in your projects. From screenshot it is visible that you are project admin and not a jira admin. 

A jira admin is responsible for complete management of Jira instance like creating projects, creating users, creating groups, workflow creations, screens, custom fields etc. 

For group management, you need to have jira administrator permissions. 

Thanks,

Avinash 

Also you need to part of Jira administrator group to perform jira administrator things. 

As your team to add yourself to jira administrator group for jira admin permissions. 

Thanks, 

Avinash 

Got it. Thank you.

How do I find out who is the Jira Administrator ?

Thanks

Hi @border_water

Please check with team or person who provided you jira access and they will be able to help you.

Thanks

Avinash

ok. Thanks.

Also  i cannot see "addon" menu to add "text gadget". I think this is same issue as above (Jira administrator).

thanks

Hi @border_water 

Yes, you need jira admin access for the add-ons also.

Thanks

Avinash 

I have No idea how i can use Adaptavist ScriptRunner ?

It is a marketplace application.  You will need to talk with your administrator.

Hi @Avinash B -Appfire- ,

is there any other way to query if team is not a group ?

Thanks

@Evan Golden {SmartDraw Software} 

Now I have ScriptRunner installed, how do I use this to query all the sub-tasks assigned to a team called "Team-A" ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

363 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you